|April 29, 2011|
Every Saturday during the month of May.
Dear Adoption Partners,
Like children, pets do not come with instruction manuals. That’s why PetSmart will be offering Free New Dog Orientations every Saturday during the month of May to coincide with our National Adoption Event taking place 4/29 – 5/1. These one hour orientations will be available at all PetSmart locations and will be free to any new dog Pet Parent that wants to attend them. Orientations will be led by our Accredited Pet Trainers and will cover the topics that new dog Pet Parents most commonly need help with.
The following is a sample agenda for the New Dog Orientation:
· Potty training / crate training
· How to provide a happy homecoming
· How to introduce your pet to new family members (especially children) and other pets in the household
· Introduction to basic training – Beginning by learning the cue “sit”
· Question and answer session with the Pet Trainer
· PetSmart store tour
To help ensure that Adoption Event dog adopters experience a successful journey into new pet parenthood, please encourage them to attend one of the FREE New Dog Orientations. If a Pet Parent is interested in attending, please refer them to a PetSmart associate to show them the schedule and to sign them up.